- ONeill Contractors provided all necessary labor, materials, tools, and equipment to remove and replace 10,000 square foot roof at the Hines VA Medical Center. In general, the project involved removing existing built-up roof system (BUR) and replacing it with a new energy efficient ThermoPlastic Polyolefin (TPO) roofing system with a 20 year NDL warranty. In addition to Project Management, Quality Control, and Safety Specifics of the work self-performed include:
- Developed Site Specific Safety Plan, Activity Hazard Analysis, and Environmental Protection Plan.
- Safety set-up per OSHA and EM385 Standards.
- Existing coal tar pitch roof system was removed from two elevations. Metal Deck of upper elevation was inspected and deteriorated areas were replaced. Lower concrete deck was also inspected and repaired prior to new roof installation.
- Tapered polyiso insulation system, with a total average of R-25, was mechanically fastened with F.M. approved fasteners and plates to the upper deck and fully adhered to the lower, concrete deck.
- TPO sheeting was fully adhered over the insulation with bonding adhesive.
- Retro-fit drains and flashings were installed.
- Metal copings installed.
Portfolio Category: Government Agency
ONeill Contractors > Government Agency